2023 Speakers included:
Jacob Mbele, DG, DMRE
Roger Baxter, CEO, Minerals Council South Africa
Alistair Hodgkinson, COO, DRA Global
Resources 4 Africa was pleased to host the 9th edition of its annual Junior Indaba, which took place on 6th & 7th June 2023 in Johannesburg. The Junior Indaba is a popular meeting place for junior miners and is enjoyed by all for its incisive, informative and frank discussions tackling the challenges and opportunities for exploration and development for junior mining companies in South Africa and elsewhere in Africa.
Discussions were framed within the global geopolitical, socio-economic and energy shifts taking place and their impact on junior mining; the demand for “green” metals; the outlook for commodities in 2023, access to finance, the regulatory environment; and much, much more.
Attendees joined in the all-important conversations which addressed questions such as:
- What is the outlook for junior mining in South Africa & the rest of Africa?
- How are commodity prices faring in 2023 and what will this mean for juniors?
- What is the forecast for demand for ‘green’ metals and their applications?
- Where are the opportunities and pressures for junior miners when it comes to decarbonization of society generally and more specifically of mining operations?
- How can SA government policy and legislation be reformed to promote junior mining and exploration?
- What sources of finance are available and how can juniors access these?
- How can you successfully manage the risks associated with setting up a junior mining project?
- What lessons can be learned from successful junior miners who are already operating in SA and beyond?
- And much more…
Popular features over the two days included Myth Busters and a showcase of presentations from junior miners across the continent. The line-up included junior producers, investors, government, legal and industry experts.
The conference programme is available by clicking here.
We were delighted to welcome back DRA Global as the Lead Sponsor of the 2023 Junior Indaba.
Sponsors of the 2023 Junior Indaba included:
Lead Sponsor: DRA Global
Gold Sponsor: Bureau Veritas
Mining Industry Partners: Implats, Menar, Minerals Council South Africa, Orion Minerals, Royal Bafokeng Platinum, Sibanye-Stillwater
Networking Sponsors: Council for Geoscience, ENPROTEC, ENSafrica, Junior Mining Council, METC Engineering, Rand Mutual Assurance, The SSC Group, TotalEnergies
Our in-person event and online platform offer significant networking and branding opportunities for our speakers, partners and sponsors. For more information, please email email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you back in 2024!
The Junior Indaba is brought to you by Resources 4 Africa, the organisers of the Joburg Indaba.
“By the industry for the industry”