2022 Speakers Include:
Roger Baxter, CEO, Minerals Council South Africa
James Campbell, Managing Director, Botswana Diamonds
Stefano Marani, CEO, Renergen
Fortune Mojapelo, CEO, Bushveld Minerals
Resources 4 Africa is pleased to announce the 8th edition of its annual Junior Indaba, taking place on 1st and 2nd June 2022 as both an in-person and an online event.
The Junior Indaba is a popular meeting place for junior miners and is enjoyed by all for its incisive, informative and frank discussions tackling the challenges and opportunities for exploration and junior mining companies in South Africa and elsewhere in Africa. The networking element has been sorely missed over the past two years and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in person this year to the Country Club Johannesburg.
Discussions this year will focus on the global economic and geopolitical environment and impact on junior mining; outlook for commodities; the demand for “strategic” metals; the global energy transition; access to finance; the regulatory environment; future role of coal and much more.
Come and join in the all-important conversations which will address questions such as:
- How do we revive exploration in South Africa and reach the 5% target of global exploration spend in 5 years?
- How can government policy and legislation be reformed to promote junior mining and exploration?
- What lessons can be learned from successful junior miners who are already operating in SA and beyond?
- What are the opportunities for juniors in the energy transition and demand for strategic metals?
- What are the best ways to create a favourable tax system for juniors?
- How are commodity prices faring in 2022 compared with 2021 and what will this mean for juniors?
- What sources of finance are available and how can juniors access these?
- The energy transition and the future role of coal – what are the implications for Southern African junior coal producers?
Popular features over the two days include: Lessons from the Legends; Myth Busters and a showcase of presentations from junior miners across the continent. The line-up will include investors, government, analysts and many industry experts.
The programme and speakers will be announced very soon, so please keep checking back on the website to see the latest updates.
Registration is now open, so book your place here.
We look forward to welcoming you back in 2022 and to expanding our footprint globally and welcoming new participants from around the world interested in junior mining and exploration in Africa.
We also offer significant branding opportunities for our sponsors. For more information, please email Stuart Alderson-Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you in June.
“By the industry for the industry”