2020 Speakers Include:
Morne du Plessis, Chief Executive Officer, Minergy
Simone Naicker, Chemical Engineer, Process Development, Exxaro Resources
William (Bill) Witham, Chief Executive Officer, Australia-Africa Minerals and Energy Group
Resources 4 Africa is pleased to announce the 6th edition of the annual Junior Indaba, taking place at the Country Club Johannesburg, Auckland Park, on 3rd & 4th November 2020. This Indaba, known for its straight-talking and frank discussions, will provide an update on the status of the exploration and junior mining sector in Africa.
The 2020 Junior Indaba will take a critical view of both the state of play in South Africa and the exploration and junior mining ‘hot spots’ in the rest of Africa. Local and international experts will give their views on the latest political, economic and regulatory developments and why certain regions are succeeding in achieving a thriving exploration and junior mining sector.
Panel discussions will focus on such themes as thedemand and future role of coal in the African energy markets; which commodities are hot this year; the impact of 4IR and the transition to a low-carbon economy on junior miners; and how local and international investors view the risks and challenges of junior mining.
Crucial questions will be debated, including:
- What is happening across Africa? Where is exploration taking place and investment flowing?
- Do we have clarity, consistency and stability in South African mining policy and legislation to attract investment?
- What is the potential of junior mining in terms of economic activity, GDP contribution and job creation?
- What are the most appropriate funding vehicles for juniors? What new financing options are available?
- What does the transition to a low-carbon economy mean for junior mining?
- What does the ‘just transition’ away from coal mean for African junior coal miners?
Popular features of the programme will include: Project Showcase sessions (featuring junior miners from across Africa); Myth Busters, Lessons from the Legends and Peter Major’s Facts and Fiction!
Keep checking our website to see the latest additions to our speaker line up here.
Chaired by Bernard Swanepoel, early confirmed speakers include:
Luis Almeida, CEO, Sodim Group; Morne du Plessis, CEO, Minergy; Tim George, CEO, Pensana Metals; Dr Roger Key, Head of Exploration, Kalahari Key Mineral Exploration Company; Simone Naiker, Chemical Engineer, Process Development, Exxaro; Nick vonSchirnding, Chairman & CEO, Arc Minerals; William (Bill) Witham, CEO, Australia-Africa Minerals and Energy Group; Helium One; ARX Resources amongst others.
Registration is now open so don’t wait, book now and take advantage of our early bird rates.
“By the industry for the industry”