2021 Speakers Included:
Adv. Thabo Mokoena, Director General, Department of Mineral Resources and Energy
Roger Baxter, Chief Executive, Minerals Council South Africa
Nolitha Fakude, Chairperson, Management Board, Anglo American in South Africa & President, Minerals Council South Africa
Resources 4 Africa is pleased to have hosted the 7th edition of the annual Junior Indaba, which took place on 1st and 2nd June 2021 as an online discussion. Known for its incisive, informative and frank discussions, the Junior Indaba focuses on the exploration and junior mining sectors in South Africa and elsewhere in Africa.
Panel discussions focused on topics such as: access to finance; the regulatory environment; outlook for commodities; demand for metals; the global energy transition; the hydrogen economy and much more.
Over two days, crucial questions were debated, including:
- What the global outlook for junior mining and exploration post Covid-19?
- What can be done to make South Africa a more attractive destination for junior miners?
- What lessons can be learned from junior miners who are already operating?
- How can juniors take advantage of the shift towards 4IR, digital transformation and modernization in mining?
- What are investors’ perspectives on the junior mining sector?
- What does the shift towards a hydrogen economy mean for junior mining?
- What does the global energy transition mean for African junior coal miners?
- And much more……
Popular features of the programme included: Project Showcase sessions (featuring junior miners from across Africa); Lessons from the Legends and Peter Major’s Facts and Fiction!
We look forward to welcoming you back in 2022 and to expanding our footprint globally and welcoming new participants from around the world interested in junior mining and exploration in Africa.
We also wish to thank our valued industry sponsors for their ongoing support, without whom these important conversations would not be possible.
For more information on our significant branding opportunities for sponsors at next year's Junior Indaba, or any of our other upcoming conferences, please email Stuart Alderson-Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you again in June next year!
“By the industry for the industry”