Roger Baxter, Chief Executive Officer, Minerals Council South Africa
Charles Siwawa, Chief Executive Officer, Botswana Chamber of Mines
Fred Arendse, Chief Executive Officer, Siyakhula Sonke Empowerment Corp (SSC Group)
Resources 4 Africa is pleased to announce the 5th edition of its annual Junior Indaba, taking place at the Johannesburg Country Club, Auckland Park, on 4 & 5 June 2019. This two-day conference, known for its straight-talking and frank discussions, will examine the state of the exploration and junior mining sector in Africa.
Now that Mining Charter III has been broadly accepted by all stakeholders, the all-important questions are:
- Is the South African mining sector, in particular junior mining and exploration, now in a position to move forward?
- What more needs to be done by Government to kick-start this critical industry sector?
- How do investors currently perceive South Africa?
- What is happening in other African countries? Where are the opportunities?
Local and international experts will give their views on the African junior mining landscape, the latest political and regulatory changes and what can be done to achieve a thriving exploration and junior mining sector. Panel discussions will focus on such themes as the junior coal miners and what contribution they make to the SADC coal mining and energy sectors; successful operating models for junior miners; what it takes to successfully turn around mining projects which were previously closed or abandoned; what operational challenges are juniors facing and what options are available to improve their operations when funds are limited?
These are just some of the crucial questions that will be addressed over the two days, when investors will also share their perspectives on the all-important question of how juniors can gain access to funding.
We will take a close review of how different commodities are performing, including the on-trend strategic metals such as lithium, cobalt, graphite, copper, vanadium, uranium and rare earths, and consider where demand is coming from and how junior miners can take advantage of these market developments.
Highly popular features will be back, including Project Showcase sessions, featuring junior miners from across Africa, Myth Busters, Lessons from the Legends and Peter Major’s Facts and Fiction!
Keep checking our website to see the latest additions to our expert speaker line up here. Early confirmed speakers include:
- Fred Arendse, CEO, Siyakhula Sonke Empowerment Corp (SSC Group)
- Jacques Badenhorst, CEO, Maatla Resources (Botswana)
- Andre Boje, CEO, Minergy (Botswana)
- Boris Kamstra, CEO, Alphamin Resources (DRC)
- Dr Mike Seeger, Director, MX Mining Capital Advisors
- Errol Smart, Managing Director & CEO, Orion Minerals (South Africa)
- Andrew Trahar, Corporate Development and Investor Relations Manager, Zanaga Iron Ore (Congo)
- William (Bill) Witham, CEO, Australia-Africa Minerals and Energy Group
Registration is now open so don’t wait, book now and take advantage of our early bird rates.