Our last Breakfast Indaba took place on the 10th of April 2018, where attendees heard from Honourable Minister Gwede Mantashe, Department of Mineral Resources, and the day continued with a PGMs Industry Discussion. Click here to read more.
Previous Breakfast Indabas include:
- "The Implications of the new National Environmental Management Act (NEMA)" - 27 September 2017
- "COMMODITIES 2017 – on the way up???" - 6 April 2017
- "What is the cost of doing business in SA Mining?" - 20 September 2016
- "Commodities: the only way is up – or is it?” - 6 April 2016
- "Flow Through Share Schemes" - 29 September 2015
- The inaugural breakfast Indaba, "Slicing the Cake in the Mining Industry", which took place on 24th March 2015. Hosted by Bernard Swanepoel, it addressed the thorny subject of land as well as royalties, tax and other issues affecting mining. Guest speaker was Stephen Meintjes, who has recently co-authored and published “Our Land, Our Rent, Our Jobs”. Attendees heard the arguments and counter arguments and joined in the ongoing conversations affecting the mining and resource sectors.